Should I get back with my ex?
You still want them - but does it really make sense to get back with your ex?
There are no definitive answers, but there are some good clues as to whether it makes sense or not. Here are a few of them.
When to get back with your ex
- You ended the relationship and you're now realising you've made a mistake
- They ended the relationship, but they've started to contact you more and more and you know you want to get back with them.
- You're prepared to give it a second chance, because you believe the incompatibility between the two of you last time can be resolved.
When NOT to get back with your ex
- You only broke up a short time ago. Leave a substantial time between breaking up and getting back together (at least 1 month for every year of your relationship). Your emotions are likely to be too tangled up in the decision for it to make any sense before this.
- There was a history of violence or abuse in the relationship before.
- You're thinking it's a good option because you fear you're not going to meet anyone better.
- You've done the work to see whether they're your perfect partner - and they weren't!
- You've already given yourselves a second chance or even third chance at the relationship and it still didn't work.
These answers are only guidelines and your problem may be more complex. Relationships often are!
If you want specific advice please feel free to contact me.
Would you like more free help
with your relationships?
22 WAYS to Find Your Life Long Partner or Improve Your Current Relationship
FREE Exploratory Coaching Session with Michael Myerscough ...
Speak to Michael personally and change your life today
Find out exactly what you need to do and how to move on with your life. You don't have to go through your pain on your own.